Celebrate Life With The Beauty of The Harp
Rebecca is a notable harpist in the Vancouver music scene, giving concerts and playing at events regularly around the city. Her approach to performing and teaching the harp draws on her classical background to enrich her passion for improvisation. She has had the honour of performing for distinguished audiences such as the Vancouver International Song Institute, the International Bar Association and the President of Ireland. Rebecca offers over twenty years of professional experience performing at weddings and memorials as well as private or corporate events. Her collection of musical styles is very diverse, ranging from Celtic, Classical to Popular.
As a studio musician, she has contributed to a number of recordings such as “Orrachan” by Teresa Doyle, and “Nigawe Aski” (Mother Earth) by Sandy Skofield. Rebecca regularly gives harp workshops around the lower mainland such as Early Music Vancouver and Place des Arts. Her busy schedule includes teaching Celtic harp, recording, and performing with the group Triskellion.
Let the beauty of the Celtic harp add elegance to your ceremony.
Rebecca is available as a studio musician or to provide music to any special event.
Rebecca has over 30 years of experience teaching music to students of all ages.
Join Triskellion with harpist Rebecca Blair, violinist, Rosie Carver and singer/flautist Michelle Carlisle as they celebrate music of many different styles and eras.
Come join Rebecca who will be playing harp at the Moon Gate.
A family event for all ages, the UBC Apple Festival celebrates one of BC’s favourite fruits. From learning about the diversity of apples to tasting rare and unusual varieties, the Apple Festival is a great opportunity to discover more about this delicious fruit.
Admission is $3 (cash only) for adults; children 12 and under free.*
Apple Festival admission includes Garden admission.
This fundraising event, organized by the Friends of the Garden, supports UBC Botanical Garden.
There will be NO parking at UBC Botanical Garden. Please park at the West Parkade or Fraser River Parkade. There is a free shuttle bus from the UBC Campus West Parkade and Fraser River Parkade beginning at 9:30 am and running every 15 minutes. The last shuttle leaves the Festival at 4:45 pm.
The Garden is serviced by the #49 UBC/Metrotown bus or the #C20 UBC Shuttle. Please check the Translink website for up-to-date bus schedules.
A bike valet will be available at the main entrance.
- Rebecca brings an abundance of knowledge from her multi-disciplined background to each one of her harp students. Thank you Rebecca for never running out of innovative ways to learn!Leanne
- Rebecca's beautiful playing added a festive, elegant aspect to our annual Christmas event. It was a wonderful part of the evening.Joy, Rotary Club of Vancouver Arbutus
- I would recommend Rebecca to anyone looking for a superb harp teacher. She is able to work with me to find the way best suited for me to learn.Penny
- I am so fortunate to have found Rebecca Blair for a teacher. She is patient, knowledgeable and has made learning fun.Ellen
- Rebecca is a gem! She has a very positive style and her skill and love of music are inspiring.Susan