Celebrate Life With The Beauty of The Harp
Rebecca is a notable harpist in the Vancouver music scene, giving concerts and playing at events regularly around the city. Her approach to performing and teaching the harp draws on her classical background to enrich her passion for improvisation. She has had the honour of performing for distinguished audiences such as the Vancouver International Song Institute, the International Bar Association and the President of Ireland. Rebecca offers over twenty years of professional experience performing at weddings and memorials as well as private or corporate events. Her collection of musical styles is very diverse, ranging from Celtic, Classical to Popular.
As a studio musician, she has contributed to a number of recordings such as “Orrachan” by Teresa Doyle, and “Nigawe Aski” (Mother Earth) by Sandy Skofield. Rebecca regularly gives harp workshops around the lower mainland such as Early Music Vancouver and Place des Arts. Her busy schedule includes teaching Celtic harp, recording, and performing with the group Triskellion.
Let the beauty of the Celtic harp add elegance to your ceremony.
Rebecca is available as a studio musician or to provide music to any special event.
Rebecca has over 30 years of experience teaching music to students of all ages.
Learn to play traditional Christmas carols on your harp in time for the holiday season. You will learn arrangements that make old favourites sound new and original with all kinds of improvisational tricks. Experienced beginner to advanced levels welcome. Students should be able to read music or play by ear.
If you are interested and haven’t contacted me, please do so in order that I can firm up the numbers. Bring a music stand.
Come enjoy some free seasonal music while you browse some books.
Music from the Celtic Isles
Rebecca Blair, harp, Michelle Carlisle, flute/voice and Rosie Carver, fiddle will take you on a musical journey through Celtic lands and stories. Be it soulful songs or lively jigs, the Celtic Trio, Triskellion will get your heart singing and toes tapping with beautiful music.
- Rebecca's beautiful playing added a festive, elegant aspect to our annual Christmas event. It was a wonderful part of the evening.Joy, Rotary Club of Vancouver Arbutus
- Rebecca is a gem! She has a very positive style and her skill and love of music are inspiring.Susan
- I am so fortunate to have found Rebecca Blair for a teacher. She is patient, knowledgeable and has made learning fun.Ellen
- I would recommend Rebecca to anyone looking for a superb harp teacher. She is able to work with me to find the way best suited for me to learn.Penny
- Rebecca brings an abundance of knowledge from her multi-disciplined background to each one of her harp students. Thank you Rebecca for never running out of innovative ways to learn!Leanne