Celebrate Life With The Beauty of The Harp
Rebecca is a notable harpist in the Vancouver music scene, giving concerts and playing at events regularly around the city. Her approach to performing and teaching the harp draws on her classical background to enrich her passion for improvisation. She has had the honour of performing for distinguished audiences such as the Vancouver International Song Institute, the International Bar Association and the President of Ireland. Rebecca offers over twenty years of professional experience performing at weddings and memorials as well as private or corporate events. Her collection of musical styles is very diverse, ranging from Celtic, Classical to Popular.
As a studio musician, she has contributed to a number of recordings such as “Orrachan” by Teresa Doyle, and “Nigawe Aski” (Mother Earth) by Sandy Skofield. Rebecca regularly gives harp workshops around the lower mainland such as Early Music Vancouver and Place des Arts. Her busy schedule includes teaching Celtic harp, recording, and performing with the group Triskellion.
Let the beauty of the Celtic harp add elegance to your ceremony.
Rebecca is available as a studio musician or to provide music to any special event.
Rebecca has over 30 years of experience teaching music to students of all ages.
Come join Rebecca at the beautiful UBC botanical gardens where she will be playing at the moongate. There will be a huge selection of all things apple. It’s a fun family event. Admission is free for children and just $5.00 for adults. This is Rebecca seventeenth year playing this event!
Don’t Sweat it: mindful performance practice
Do you find performing stressful, even when playing for your grandmother? Do you find that the performance doesn’t go as well as you hoped even after hours of practice?
Here’s a way to transform nervousness into excitement and make those butterflies fly in formation!
Rebecca Blair and Prem Selver will be co-teaching a workshop on performing.
Prem Selver, a teacher of Mindfulness will be our guest who will take participants step by step through mindfulness practises to order to prepare for a performance. Students will bring a piece, an exercise or even a phrase that they would like to perform by the end of the workshop. These invaluable skills can help reduce anxiety and stress anywhere in life.
Music from the Celtic Isles
Rebecca Blair, harp, Michelle Carlisle, flute/voice and Rosie Carver, fiddle will take you on a musical journey through Celtic lands and stories. Be it soulful songs or lively jigs, the Celtic Trio, Triskellion will get your heart singing and toes tapping with beautiful music.
- I would recommend Rebecca to anyone looking for a superb harp teacher. She is able to work with me to find the way best suited for me to learn.Penny
- Rebecca is a gem! She has a very positive style and her skill and love of music are inspiring.Susan
- I am so fortunate to have found Rebecca Blair for a teacher. She is patient, knowledgeable and has made learning fun.Ellen
- Rebecca brings an abundance of knowledge from her multi-disciplined background to each one of her harp students. Thank you Rebecca for never running out of innovative ways to learn!Leanne
- Rebecca's beautiful playing added a festive, elegant aspect to our annual Christmas event. It was a wonderful part of the evening.Joy, Rotary Club of Vancouver Arbutus